The Rolls-Royce Owners’ Club was founded in May of 1951 by six men. Our founders are: Charles Bradshaw, John McFarlane, Frederick Roe, John Schaler, Peter Shavney, and Charles Shoup. The first membership directory, which listed 212 members, was issued in October of 1951. Membership is now over 5,000 members worldwide.
The first National Meet was held in Springfield, MA in June of 1952, and attracted 34 cars. Twelve years later, 198 motorcars were on display at Kennedy Airport in New York, and in 1998 over 340 Rolls-Royce & Bentley motorcars were on the show field at Hammersmith Farms in Newport, RI.
In 1968, our first Club Headquarters building was purchased in Harrisburg, PA to serve our members. In 1976, the Club moved to its present location which serves as host to numerous technical workshops and seminars. In 2004, RROC completely renovated our HQ, and allowed the RR Foundation to construct its Museum on HQ property. Combined total office and museum space now totals 16,000 square feet.
The Club has always welcomed Bentleys and their owners and it should be noted that we are the only club to welcome all eras of Rolls-Royce & Bentley motorcars.